Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > building of the OSL?

Date: 09/19/14 23:51
building of the OSL?
Author: badtanker1987

Last spike ceremony for OSL and ORy&N at Huntington, Oregon was on November 20, 1884. So that will be 130 years this November. I been busy trying to find out more about it. There are books, documentaries, tv shows, and movies about the building of the Union Pacific Railroad. Any good publications of the OSL? Thanks in advance.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/20/14 04:15
Re: building of the OSL?
Author: funnelfan

The Book UP Northwest covers the Oregon-Washington Railway & Navigation side of the construction.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 09/20/14 06:59
Author: stampedej

Jeff Asay has a revised addition of his popular book on the Union Pacific in the Northwest coming out this December. It's available for preorder on the Union Pacific Historical Society website.
Thornton Waite has published several books covering portions of the Oregon Short Line including the Yellowstone Line and Montana Line. To date, I am unaware of a single, comprehensive history book covering the entire OSL.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/20/14 07:19
Author: cdub

I recently pounded the question to a UPHS official that why hasn't there been a book on the OSL equal to the scope of the Asay OW&NRY book. The only author in my mind that would be fully capable of such a book project would be Thornton Waite.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/14 07:20 by cdub.

Date: 09/20/14 21:23
Author: cpn456

cdub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently pounded the question to a UPHS official
> that why hasn't there been a book on the OSL equal
> to the scope of the Asay OW&NRY book. The only
> author in my mind that would be fully capable of
> such a book project would be Thornton Waite.
>
> Posted from Android

Lets hope one comes out, it would be very interesting...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds