Home Open Account Help 185 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Fall Begins on Wisconsin's West Coast

Date: 09/23/14 17:00
Fall Begins on Wisconsin's West Coast
Author: rrartist

As the seasons slowly begin their transition from Summer to Fall, the cold fronts that sweep through the area can result in more than our fair share of cloudy days, case in point, CREX 1344 leads a east bound oil empty past my house on the south side of la Crosse (WI). CP train 484, CSXT 4536 arrives in La Crosse under more gray skies, at least the consist was colorful!

Date: 09/23/14 17:05
Re: Fall Begins on Wisconsin's West Coast

Hip hip hooray, I finally caught the BNSF 4723, the Microsoft Train Simulator unit leading an east bound ore load Sunday morning. The Clouds were just beginning to thin as the BNSF 8243 and company power and east bound grain load towards Galesburg. The sun was shining brightly on Monday but MOW took its toll until mid afternoon when I found the BNSF H-DILKCK, CREX 1307 storming out of town.

Date: 09/23/14 17:11

I caught two more in Monday's sun, the BNSF 7118 leads an ex-ATSF and a CP motor just south of La Crosse while the BNSF 6209 leads a CSXT motor with an east bound grain train. This morning brought cool temps and FOG! A fairly clean CP 9355 leads a CSXT 5200 with train 608 as the train slices past Dresbach MN.

Date: 09/23/14 17:12
Author: ns1000

SUPER pics!!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 09/23/14 17:13

CP train 287 was my last train for the day as both the CP and BNSF had issues moving their trains for the rest of today. Have a GREATV rest of the week!

Date: 09/23/14 18:34
Author: 3rdswitch

Great bunch as always. It always puzzled me while still working for BNSF getting called into the office a couple of times for posting train info here on TO (railroaders beware, they ARE watching) while at the same time BNSF actually sponsered software telling you everything you ever needed to know about disrupting (and worse) train operations! Go figure.
JB

Date: 09/23/14 19:21
Author: SCKP187

Great series for sure. The last one b&w is really a keeper, and the 4723 definitely a great one to have in your files. Thanks for showing these.
Brian Stevens

Date: 09/23/14 19:30
Author: SP8595

Fabulous series! Still diggin' that location with the CP 9355!

Date: 09/24/14 06:08
Author: oklachaser

Fantastic series of photos.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.071 seconds