Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Few Shots From Last Month

Date: 10/14/14 13:36
A Few Shots From Last Month
Author: RighteousRailfan

Due to an injury last week, I haven't had the chance to go out railfanning (or do much else), but while I'm stuck inside, I'll share a few photos that I've taken over the past month.

1. On KCT Track BN2 at 25th St., an Ex-BN GP39E and an Ex-BN GP50 get ready to head south towatds Springhill, KS with a local out of Murray Yard. Both of these units are noteworthy. The lead unit, BNSF No. 2931, is one of two GP39Es in BN paint with the "pill" shaped patch around the number underneath the cab, and the second unit, BNSF No. 3159, is one of five GP50s built with the extended cab that can hold up to five people. Both are based here in Kansas City, and it's really cool to see them together, even though just seeing pure BN power is cool enough nowadays. 9/13/14.

2. A Yellowbonnet GP50 and a Cascade Green SD60M lead a transfer from KCS's Knoche Yard to BNSF's Argentine Yard as it splits the searchlights at Santa Fe JCT on the KCT. This job is also known as the "Santa Fe 112 Job". 9/14/14.

3. I get the "Santa Fe 112 Job" again aas it creeps Main Track 3 of the UP KC Metro Sub at ASB JCT behind a rebuilt SD45-2 and an SD40-2. 9/28/14.

Thanks for looking.

"Righteous" Grant G.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/14 13:37 by RighteousRailfan.

Date: 10/14/14 18:32
Re: A Few Shots From Last Month
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice trio. As stated the 2931 is one of only two green exBN's to receive large BNSF on hood and wagon wheel emblem on nose. As a side note only one exSanta Fe blue yellow unit got them.
JB

Date: 10/14/14 20:38
Author: bnsfsd70

3rdswitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a side note only
> one exSanta Fe blue yellow unit got them.
> JB

Nope, there were two of them. One was a 30, while the other was a 35.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 10/14/14 21:43
Author: MartyBernard

Hope you heal up quick. I always enjoy your pictures.

Marty Bernard

Date: 10/16/14 16:00
Author: ns1000

My favorite is Pic 3!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds