Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Diesel power returns to the Marysville depot!

Date: 10/28/14 12:59
Diesel power returns to the Marysville depot!
Author: santafe199

Gotcha! (hee hee hee) It’s just a diesel semi rig parked on the sight of the original mainline. Not fair, eh? Okay, here’s the mundane truth:

Mr. ‘mg8711’ & I were in the neighborhood the other day and we wanted to check on this historic depot with that classic, one-of-a-kind UP architectural style. Maybe it was just for reassurance that it was still standing there. (As if regular ‘check-ups’ could fend off the looming demolition that certain, coldly business-minded parties are waiting to perpetrate.) According to a local (resident) source, the jury is still out as to whether or not the building will be saved. Anyhow, the sunlight was good for an update shot or two…

1. Old UP depot at Marysville, KS on October 18, 2014.

Thanks for taking the bait!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/14 13:01 by santafe199.

Date: 10/28/14 14:29
Re: Diesel power returns to the Marysville depot!
Author: steph62850

You got me. I was thinking Marysville CA.

Stephanie Ann

Date: 10/28/14 14:48
Author: rsanchez

steph62850 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You got me. I was thinking Marysville CA.
>
> Stephanie Ann

Same here.

Date: 10/28/14 15:38
Author: JoCoLB

I thought Marysville community leaders finally came up with a valid plan for the building in recent weeks.

Date: 10/28/14 16:24
Author: imrl

According to the Marysville Advocate from September 11, the city council approved the agreement to purchase the depot from the UP. http://www.marysvilleonline.net/articles/2014/09/17/news/doc5410b14023913178734234.txt

Date: 10/28/14 16:37
Author: santafe199

JoCoLB Wrote:> I thought Marysville community leaders finally came up with a valid plan...

up there in my text: "According to a local (resident) source, the jury is still out..."

I am only relaying a local (life-long) resident of Marysville told us.

Date: 10/29/14 07:16
Author: Torisgod

I thought it was Marysville, Washington, and that got me wondering why it would be such a big deal that diesel power was returning to its depot, and for an old guy like santafe199, why that would be such a good thing. ;-)

Tor in Eugene

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds