Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CSXT leader on the KP

Date: 10/29/14 07:59
CSXT leader on the KP
Author: SP8595

Yesterday morning (10/28), I decided to try and catch the CSXT 5396 leading Union Pacific empty coal train CPAEY9-26 running across the Western end of the old Kansas & Pacific line heading into Denver. I knew that the train was going to be back-lit for most of the run but I didn't realize just how bad it was going to be! I did some exploring at a couple of locations where the line runs in a North-South direction but with the Sun so far to the South this time of year and the train basically only heading North and West, not much could be done.

Since I was out, snapped a couple of pictures anyway.

1)With the entire 106 car train seen stretched out behind, the CSXT 5396 passes some lingering Fall colors and green fields between Agate and Deer Trail.

2)The only spot where the tracks dip South is this small S-curve West of Watkins. Seems like the GEVO is shorter that the other GE's behind it!

Date: 10/29/14 09:05
Re: CSXT leader on the KP
Author: oklachaser

Great catch & photos. Love the fall colors & the green field in #1, really makes the photo.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 10/29/14 10:54
Author: Cajon92

That first shot is great, that green field and the fall colors really jump out at you. Well done!

Thanks for sharing,
~Ryan

Date: 10/29/14 12:16
Author: 3rdswitch

Great catches.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.109 seconds