Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Western Washington Railroad

Date: 10/29/14 11:14
Western Washington Railroad
Author: loleta

A new shortline (http://www.wwrailroad.com) operates Tacoma Rail Mountain Division trackage from Maytown to Chehalis, using this little black switch engine. They do some transload business but seem mostly to be involved in car storage. All three photos were taken near Blakeslee Jct. in Centralia. The crew picked up a few stored tank cars then brought them down to the junction, where they waited for a PSAP grain train to clear before heading down to the BNSF yard. It's great to see something moving again on these old Milwaukee Road rails.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 10/29/14 11:18
Re: Western Washington Railroad
Author: CCT41

Need to take up donations to buy them some Milwaukee Road range paint !!!

Date: 10/29/14 12:34
Author: truxtrax

Curious to know who's putting the money into this operation?
With the company address and phone# in Aloha OR. it's a mystery
whose involved. Anybody know the particulars?

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 10/29/14 13:10
Author: WSOR506

Are they not required to have ditch lights??

Date: 10/29/14 13:30
Author: bwyrick

WSOR506 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are they not required to have ditch lights??

FRA only requires ditch lights for traversing grade crossings at 20MPH+, and are otherwise (the way I've come to understand it) unnecessary.

Date: 10/29/14 15:38
Author: oklachaser

Really nice photos.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 10/29/14 20:25
Author: JDLX

As of when I rode the Chehalis-Centralia towards the end of July this past year, Western Washington was also running weekday freight operations over the line they use, specifically to serve the pole yard at Curtis. Chehalis-Centralia and the Western Washington had implemented an interesting system of locked derails to protect each other...there was a derail mounted on the mainline just east of the I-5 overpass, and a second one on the lead into the C-C shop. On weekends C-C would close and lock the derail on the mainline, and then weekdays that would be unlocked and the derail into the C-C shop would be locked.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 10/30/14 06:24
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 3!!!

Date: 10/30/14 21:55
Author: Vic_Guy

Great photos Loleta, I'll have to put this one on my list of things to see next time I'm in the area.

Chris Medland
Victoria, BC
My Flickr photos

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.077 seconds