Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Taking care of business everyday

Date: 11/19/14 19:58
Taking care of business everyday
Author: KB5WK

KCS 1 west at Lake Lavon TX on the Greenville subdivsion around 11 am this morning 11/19/2014.

It was a quick 2-3 hour visit and they were eastbound and down to Shreveport.

David - Plano TX

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/19/14 20:06
Taking care of business everyday
Author: KB5WK

This shot at the Armory crossing at Wylie TX as they unload passengers. Guessing they came to visit the expansion project at KCS Wylie yard. A lot of construction going on to expand the yard to handle intermodal and more business over all.

Date: 11/19/14 20:08
Re: Taking care of business everyday
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Sweet video - really dig that strobe light on the nose.

Date: 11/19/14 20:11
Author: JoCoLB

Photo One is, oh, so good. It rates a double "Wow."

Date: 11/19/14 20:20
Author: oyw

Great stills and video, not sure there is a better looking train to be found anywhere.

OYW

Date: 11/19/14 20:26
Author: The_Chief_Way

Agreed. UP has parked their E's. Nobody else is close.

Date: 11/19/14 20:36
Author: nikon1

The_Chief_Way Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agreed. UP has parked their E's. Nobody else is
> close.

NS has some beautiful F units as does Pam Am. Hopefully UP will continue using their E units.
Charlie
MP 52.7 on the BNSF Topeka sub

Date: 11/19/14 20:36
Author: SCKP187

Great coverage. Got to be the best looking business train scheme.
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/20/14 04:29
Author: navy5717th

Back in August of 1946 I had just turned 12. We rode the "Southern Belle" from Kansas City to New Orleans on the last leg of our "trip out west."

She was beautiful then and she still is in her business train role.

Kudos to all hands at KCS for how grand she looks. It's obvious that her handlers take a great deal of pride in her appearance.

Fritz in HSV, AL

Date: 11/20/14 05:01
Author: hwb36604

Well done!

Date: 11/20/14 07:31
Author: 3rdswitch

Great spot in the cut.
JB

Date: 11/20/14 13:43
Author: EspeeGoldenState

I disagree, NS's Fs are much classier than KCS's. And you definitely can't rule out the WSOR E's.

Heck, I forgot the CN E's.

Date: 11/20/14 15:10
Author: jmbreitigan

Excellent material in your post.
John

Date: 11/20/14 22:25
Author: Red

Great!!! And you know that it's just a squabbling pre-teen or teen that gets on here and says that one RR's F-Units are "So much classier than the KCS F-Units." LOL!!! I feel guilty for even having brought that up, but sometimes levity is called for. You are one of my favorite photographers and videographers on this site!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Date: 11/20/14 22:41
Author: Red

11 cars and not even the enite fleet at that! I remember back when it was just the Tolmak and Kaysee (the Kaysee now the Harry S. Truman but still in KCS colors on permanent--I think display in Kansas City Union Station under cover along with a KCS F-Unit), and the Diner 53, I think it was. I remember one rare biz trip they took under Deramus the 2nd, (but the older man), where all three were used in 1980 or so but where they had to borrow a Pullman Green modernized Southern Railway sleeper out of the Southern Crescent (or recently so) pool, recently added to the SR biz fleet. MY how times have changed!

And it was pulled by the then-newest locomotive on the system, white KCS SD40-2 691. Does anybody have any photos of that? For comparison's sake? That was perhaps the only "Business Special" that I can recall being run in the Deramus Era...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds