Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Final pic from Needles Sub Trip

Date: 11/21/14 07:27
Final pic from Needles Sub Trip
Author: crazybill

I enjoy the desert. All the activities I do out there are just an excuse to be there. Rock hounding, looking for petroglyphs and pictographs (www.crazybill.shutterfly.com), and of course train watching are just reasons to enjoy the scenery and the solitude.
I have enjoyed trains since I was a kid. I still can't tell one engine from another and I enjoy seeing unusual freight. But I still get a thrill hearing a distant horn or seeing that first glimmer of a headlight far down the tracks.
Or even no headlight at all.
-Bill-

Date: 11/21/14 07:32
Re: Final pic from Needles Sub Trip
Author: porkchop

No sunlit 3/4 tele-wedgies or even trains required to take a great railroad photo. Thats a beautiful shot !

Date: 11/21/14 10:58
Author: hogantunnel

Bill,

Well photographed and well put. I'm another desert loving creature, can't get enough of the Basin and Range of Nevada and Utah. But the Mojave is pretty fine, too.

Date: 11/21/14 19:02
Author: Griggs

crazybill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I have enjoyed trains since I was a kid. I still
> can't tell one engine from another and I enjoy
> seeing unusual freight. But I still get a thrill
> hearing a distant horn or seeing that first
> glimmer of a headlight far down the tracks.
>
Very true for me, too.
When you wrote "I have enjoyed trains since I was a kid", it reminded me that I should look up the occasional TO posts about one's earliest railfan memories. Mine is going to a grain elevator with my dad and looking around the corner at the tracks.

Date: 11/21/14 19:12
Author: CimaScrambler

Agreed, 100%, with what you said. The desert is a great gift. Throw in a bright sunset and some shining rails and you have something to remember.

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds