Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Cold Miss Katy Rolls through the Night

Date: 11/21/14 06:35
A Cold Miss Katy Rolls through the Night
Author: es44fan

Last week, UP 1988 (Miss Katy) was heading east on the Moffat Sub to Kentucky. I went out to Blue Mountain Road hoping to get it in the last moments of daylight that day which didn’t happen. While 1988 passed East Portal around 2:30, it had dynamic brake problems at Rollins and was stuck there for 2 hours. When it was fixed, they followed Amtrak 6 down the hill. So instead of seeing 1988 at 4:00, I saw it at 6:00 with no light at all!! But I still got pictures and video. Also, compared to SP8595’s time at Blue Mountain Road while getting 1988 on the MRONY, the temperature while I was out there was TROPICAL!! A balmy 21 degrees compared to his -4 degrees!! Stay warm everyone!!

1: UP 1988 passes the crossing at Blue Mountain Road at night.
2: The video of UP 1988 at night (Note: The crossing bell has been changed as you will notice in the video compared to the old electric bell).

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/21/14 07:21
Re: A Cold Miss Katy Rolls through the Night
Author: FiveChime

Great catch with SP on the point! Interesting that none of the cars appeared to be tagged!

Nice video.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 11/21/14 12:19
Re: A Cold Miss Katy Rolls through the Night
Author: santafe199

Really cool shot! With Miss Katy being maroon it really helps in soaking up the red glow from the crossing lights. Great effect.
From Google Maps I'm assuming this somewhere near Arvada?

Lance

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds