Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KCS Saturday

Date: 11/22/14 16:06
KCS Saturday
Author: DRGW

This morning UP ran westbound train IEWLB with KCS SD70ACe 4164 as the rear DPU facing east making for a nice morning shot just west of Kaiser Yard in Fontana near the Etiwanda Ave overpass on the Alhambra Sub. Secondly knowing there was a Belen to Barstow manifest out on the Needles Sub with another KCS DPU facing the correct way, I headed out into the desert just east of Pisgah and intercepted the train with KCS ES44AC 4795 on the rear. Not a bad day when you can catch not one, but two KCS units.

-DRGW

Date: 11/22/14 16:42
Re: KCS Saturday
Author: FCP901

Great shots! Thanks to a timely call from a friend, was also able to get the KCS 4164 at the old Redlands X-overs and off the Mount Vernon Avenue overcrossing. KCS is always welcome in SoCal!
FCP901

Date: 11/22/14 17:24
Author: callum_out

Interesting pictures, odd coincidence, there was a UP WB manifest at Gothenburg (NE) yesterday
with a rear facing KCS unit as the DUPE unit, trend going here?

Out

Date: 11/22/14 18:12
Author: TheNavigator

Nice shots, Matt. Always glad to see a Belle on local turf.

Gary

Date: 11/22/14 18:24
Author: Valleyman

Pool Power Matt out on another fine day! Great shot's as usual.

Valleyman

Date: 11/22/14 18:30
Author: oilcan

Great looking shots as usual, Pool Power Matt.

Date: 11/22/14 18:41
Author: SP8595

Nice catches Matt!

Date: 11/22/14 19:53
Author: erielackawanna

That is a LOT of driving - you're a monster.

Nice images.

Date: 11/22/14 20:04
Author: mg8711

There was a coal train through North Platte the other day that caused some ruckus on Facebook with a KCS unit as DPU, also a Southern Belle.
Nice catches!
Lucas

Date: 11/22/14 23:16
Author: Red

Now those are well-traveled units and I call that "good power utilization!" ;-) But soon, they'll be back down in my neck of the woods, safe and sound. And as the old story goes, "If only they could talk." Indeed.

Which reminded me of every time I caught "rare" units on trains as the hoghead, far & away from home, it just made me reflect on where all they'd been, where they normally worked, and where they were going.

Darn good shots and catches there!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0466 seconds