Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > .

Date: 11/25/14 00:32
Author: darkcloud

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/17 00:39 by darkcloud.

Date: 11/25/14 06:10
Re: Is the NS shut down by the thugs burning Ferguson?
Author: Lackawanna484

The FAA placed restrictions on commercial aircraft in and around the subject area. So, it's likely that any railroad, etc would be aware of the community issues and respond in a way which protects employees, equipment, and cargo.

Date: 11/25/14 06:26
Author: floridajoe2001

For those interested, Ferguson is on the former Wabash St.Louis-KC main line. It is the first station West of the former Delmar Station (now a Metrolink stop); and is 12.1 miles west of old downtown St. Louis Union Station.

This line once hosted Union Pacific's "City of St. Louis" (what a beautiful train this was from my boyhood days!).

Joe

Date: 11/25/14 07:09
Author: rrman6

So sad to see how a few knuckle-heads can stir up such rebelliousness wrecking their own turf and the businesses who are there to support their lives. As always, it only takes a few to wreck it for the whole!

Date: 11/25/14 07:55
Author: mopacrr

I don't know if the NS shut down or not, but I remember during the summer of 68 when such cities as Detroit,Chicago, Kansas City were the scenes of rioting, much of the strife was in the areas where the railroads had yards. So far as I none shut down as such,but the dynamics has changed in the last 46 years, and maybe the roads close to the scene of riots have decided to keep a low profile.

Date: 11/25/14 08:29
Author: blackhillshogger

I remember riding the IC "Hawkeye" from Sioux City to Waterloo in 1969. We had to get off in Cedar Falls because there was rioting in Waterloo. I remember we were met by an officer in riot gear in Cedar Falls. Some things don't change.

Date: 11/25/14 08:37
Author: highgreengraphics

We have at least one Fireman there who frequents TO. Pray for his safety and the whole human condition... I was in the National Guard, and believe me, NOBODY in our country's uniform wants to be forced into a situation like that, remember Kent State. === === = === JLH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/14 08:42 by highgreengraphics.

Date: 11/25/14 09:01
Author: junctiontower

blackhillshogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember riding the IC "Hawkeye" from Sioux City
> to Waterloo in 1969. We had to get off in Cedar
> Falls because there was rioting in Waterloo. I
> remember we were met by an officer in riot gear in
> Cedar Falls. Some things don't change.

I would have NEVER guessed there had been rioting in Waterloo IA. I guess you never can tell....

Date: 11/25/14 09:39
Author: junctiontower

highgreengraphics Wrote:
> We have at least one Fireman there who frequents
> TO. Pray for his safety and the whole human
> condition... I was in the National Guard, and
> believe me, NOBODY in our country's uniform wants
> to be forced into a situation like that, remember
> Kent State. === === = === JLH

My dad was in the National Guard in the 60's and his unit was almost sent to Gary IN because of rioting strikers among the other unrest in that city. It got to the point where they were loading live ammunition to haul up there when the decision was made not to go. He said the prospect of possibly having to fire on fellow Americans, and fellow union workers at that was scarier to him the possibility of going to Viet Nam, which his unit almost did too. Of course this pre-dated the all too real horror of the Kent Sate tragedy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/14 12:44 by junctiontower.

Date: 11/25/14 12:57
Author: ARandall70

No NS trains were stopped by the rioting. 240 passed through the area about quarter to 11pm last night without issue. There is a bulletin in effect that no trains are to be stopped at the Ferguson signal for meets. Trains either need to have a clear route through or be stopped to the west at Berkeley.

Any train experiencing an emergency brake application is to stop and wait for assistance from NSPD and local supervision. The crew is to stay in the cab.

Date: 11/25/14 13:24
Author: Cole42

ARandall70 Wrote:
> No NS trains were stopped by the rioting. 240
> passed through the area about quarter to 11pm last
> night without issue. There is a bulletin in effect
> that no trains are to be stopped at the Ferguson
> signal for meets. Trains either need to have a
> clear route through or be stopped to the west at
> Berkeley.
>
> Any train experiencing an emergency brake
> application is to stop and wait for assistance
> from NSPD and local supervision. The crew is to
> stay in the cab.

Heck they oughta cut the power away and get out of there ASAP not stay there in that war zone like a sitting duck.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0683 seconds