Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Did UP/NS Run a Psgr Special on 4/8/14 Google Earth Say

Date: 11/27/14 06:58
Did UP/NS Run a Psgr Special on 4/8/14 Google Earth Say
Author: Sneebly

A friend of mine told me about this one. This is a Google Earth view of the NS west of Brunswick MO (actually just west of HWY V crossing of what appears to be a UP passenger special. imagery is from 4/8/14. was this a run of UP maybe getting trackage rights on the NS? it certainly appears that the next to last car is a domecar. Comments?

Sneebly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/14 06:59 by Sneebly.

Date: 11/27/14 08:11
Re: Did UP/NS Run a Psgr Special on 4/8/14 Google Earth
Author: dpc37

It ran from Kansas City to Global 4 on the NS the train number was #951.

Date: 11/27/14 10:53
Author: dan

search this site to for views

Date: 11/27/14 11:24
Author: Sneebly

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> search this site to for views

Before I made the post I went back to the Western board and Passenger board and looked around for posts about a special on NS with UP power. I saw nothing looking thru April 10 on both boards. Just now I typed in NS UP OCS and found nothing regarding what I was looking for. I also searched for NS UP and Special and it found nothing I was looking for. Find it and give the search parameters that were used.

Sneebly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/14 11:42 by Sneebly.

Date: 11/27/14 18:37
Author: dan

thought i saw it mentioned, just from recall, i don't know what line this is but people put in elusive titles sometimes

was thinking the UP was looking for alternatives to BNSF trackage rights KC Chicago. Is this line part of any alternative, or was that a different deal than this, thought they ran an off road special? may have been on the CP is probably what i was remembering

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/14 09:13 by dan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0619 seconds