Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Early morning in Amarillo

Date: 11/27/14 07:33
Early morning in Amarillo
Author: lotharb

A week ago, I needed to see a few of my customers in Albuquerque and others on the way out there and back. On Thursday, 11/20, I spent an hour or so, before I could see my first customer, to catch some action in Amarillo.
1. At the first sun rays of the day, BNSF 6725 arrive on the Red River Valley Sub with this stack from Alliance
2. While the aforementioned stack stops at the fuel racks on top of the hill, this Z from Alliance waits for a crew to take it west.
3. Meanwhile, on the Panhandle Sub, BNSF 7694 rolls this Z to a stop just short of CP Eastern

Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 11/27/14 07:39
Re: Early morning in Amarillo
Author: lotharb

4. While BNSF 7694 was waiting, I noticed the lights showing green at Eastern on the other track, so I figured there must be a hotter Z running around it, and sure enough, some minutes later, BNSF 4912 breezes by with the hot Z, with another WB rolling to a stop on top of the hill.
5. Hitting the crossover at CP Eastern
6. After waiting for the hot Z, BNSF 7093 starts its trek east across the Panhandle Sub, through CP Eastern
Lothar

Date: 11/27/14 07:43
Author: mojaveflyer

Wow, nice series! Big time railroading...

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 11/27/14 07:47
Author: sd39

All excellent!!

Clarence

Date: 11/27/14 07:49
Author: TTownTrains

There's something about #6 that's really cool but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the heat waves or the signals or the compression or (d) all of the above. Nice shot!

Bill G.

Date: 11/27/14 19:22
Author: Mudrock

#6 has nice exhaust for it or something else. Wonderful picture!

Chris

Date: 11/28/14 04:22
Author: bobwilcox

The first shot is outstanding.

Bob Wilcox
Charlottesville, VA
My Flickr Shots

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds