Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Snow Day on Cajon Pass (The Video)

Date: 01/01/15 16:40
Snow Day on Cajon Pass (The Video)
Author: z-trains

(A continuation of my previous post: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3619685) As many posts have attested to, yesterday the heavens opened up and dropped a meager coating of snow on Cajon Pass, enough to draw out many railfans from the southland. My father and I were no exception, though since the Summit Overlook was jammed full like a parking lot, we elected to spend our time moving around the subdivision, dodging clouds and bitterly cold (For California) winds. The video from yesterday is shown with 5 different trains negotiating the snow-covered landscape of Southern California. The entire video is on my YouTube Channel, Railfanjunction.

Clip 1: The UP M-WCNP at Silverwood
Clip 2: A BNSF Eastbound at the same spot
Clip 3: A BNSF Eastbound on track 3 at Silverwood
Clip 4: A Westbound BNSF stacktrain at Silverwood
Clip 5: A Westbound UP at the same location
Clip 6: Another Westbound BNSF at the same spot

Cheers,

Zach
www.z-trains.com
Railfanjunction on YouTube

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/01/15 18:20
Re: Snow Day on Cajon Pass (The Video)
Author: ProAmtrak

Great video, not bad traffic wise either!

Date: 01/02/15 17:00
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

Date: 01/03/15 09:47
Author: spdaylight

Nicely shot . . . thanks for braving the elements . . in your fifth clip, I noticed that the crossing only had stop signs . . no cross bucks . . is that unusual in the US (I live in Canada).

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 01/04/15 00:51
Author: Fizzboy7

Quite impressive. I don't think I've seen four UP SD70M's all together in years.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds