Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Embargo

Date: 01/08/15 10:27
BNSF Embargo
Author: mearsksealand

The BNSF embargo has been lifted.

I wander what changed this so quickly---the West coast ports haven't improved.

A Federal Mediator has been brought in to mediate between the PMA and ILWU

I wandered about equipment inbalances if the embargo continued for a long period of time unless BNSF was going to run many baretables back to the coast as imports are still arriving and if not moved will further clog the ports

FYI
Dale Smith

Date: 01/08/15 10:39
Re: BNSF Embargo
Author: Pacific5th

The Washington and Idaho RR has at least 5 Baretables parked on it now with more coming. I don't know if that is because of the Embargo but it does seem like a lot and it is only a day away from the ports should they be needed.

Date: 01/08/15 14:05
Author: fbe

I am sure there is a lot of back door pressure to keep the ports open so the economy does not collapse due to collapse of of the transportation infrastructure.

Posted from Windows Phone OS 7

Date: 01/08/15 17:28
Author: funnelfan

EWG is looking to get a couple baretables this weekend with a couple more to follow.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 01/09/15 07:40
Author: BAB

Had one without power parked by Modoc Point north of Kfalls for several days also.

Date: 01/09/15 08:23
Author: HarborHog

I think BNSF rolled the dice and hoped the UP would put up their own embargo. UP did not.

mearsksealand Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wander what changed this so quickly---the West
> coast ports haven't improved.

Date: 01/10/15 09:13
Author: Trains232

This might explain why BNSF sent over 15 sets west to (LAC, SCO) over the last 48 hours.... With 6 more in the next 48.

Date: 01/10/15 09:28
Author: Lackawanna484

It is a bet, especially if the docks are not calling in second shift workers. Lots of cargo, bogies, re-packs, etc will be backing up near the ports.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0986 seconds