Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Great Western Railway action in Northern Colorado.

Date: 01/28/15 19:58
Some Great Western Railway action in Northern Colorado.
Author: cowxguy

This was literally a grab shot as I rarely see any action from GWR. I was driving north towards Cheyenne on I-25 when I witnessed this eastbound train, with ex-CN 9522 GP40-2L, go over the highway on the short Loveland-Kelim branch, with just 5 cars. Judging the track conditions, the train wasn't moving more than 5 mph! Does anyone on here know the frequency of trains on this line Well either way it was nice to catch something other than UP/BNSF mainline action for a change!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/15 20:46 by cowxguy.

Date: 01/28/15 21:18
Re: Some Great Western Railway action in Northern Color
Author: WSOR506

Generally this is a Monday-Friday job that originates in Loveland. It continues to Johnstown and down the Longmont line to Walker. Like any railroad operation, it may change day-to-day depending on traffic and switching needs.

Date: 01/29/15 00:24
Author: oilcan

Neat stuff. Note how they color coded the gladhands on that unit's MU hoses! Never seen that before. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 01/29/15 14:58
Author: cowxguy

Thanks for the insight into the GWR! I'm going to start railfanning this line more often!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds