Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Activity on the Tacoma Eastern

Date: 03/18/01 08:12
Activity on the Tacoma Eastern
Author: MartinBurwash

I have been told that a tie gang and ballast crew are working on the Tacoma Eastern. They are currently in the Eatonville area. Any info as if this is true and if so, why the upgrading, would be appreciated.

Martin Burwash

Date: 03/18/01 18:40
RE: Activity on the Tacoma Eastern
Author: fireboy

Martin,

Tacoma Rail hired a contractor to rebuild from Frederickson to Morton. The crews put in new ties and did alot of surfacing between Eatonville and Frederickson. They also have been working from Mineral to Morton, w/ new ties and surfacing. The contractors had to fix a couple of bridges between Morton and Mineral, I don't know if they have yet.

Tacoma Rail is putting alot of money into the "Mountain Line" because the mills in Morton want to ship lumber again by rail. I have also heard rumors about rock trains from Eatonville, but nothing has come about yet.

Taco-Rail is planning to begin service to Morton in the fall of 2001, there might even be some type of special trip including Mount Rainier Scenic Railroad.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0236 seconds