Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > One is the loneliest number..

Date: 02/22/15 09:25
One is the loneliest number..
Author: ns2557

2, can be as bad as 1, its the loneliest number since the number 1. Here are 2 that are definitely lonely. Out near Grantsville Utah just off I80 at Ex 84 and south is a company known as Better Chemical Solutions. A few years ago I stopped and got out to shoot one of their units out by the entrance to their plant. A gentleman was nearby and I politely asked him if I could take some photo's of the unit (At that time it was one of 2 RS4TC's at the facility). He not only ok'd it, but told me about some other units out behind their shop bldg. and that if I wanted to, I could wander back there and get some shot's of them also. Those units turned out to be the other RS4TC and these 2 units you see here. The black one is Ex USSX 1 from their Wellington Ut Plant. The other is Ex OIM S6 1217 which happens to be the 'cow" version of one of the only 2 sets of ALCO's SSB9 locomotive. Some subtle differences between the 2, I'm guessing the USS unit is the older of the 2. Wasn't sure if they were still here or not and today I just kinda stumbled upon them out here, south of BCS on a stub end track here. Wasn't this stretch of track the old WP Ellerbeck Branch at one time? TFL. Have a nice day. Ben

Date: 02/22/15 09:31
Re: One is the loneliest number..
Author: oklachaser

Great photos Ben.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 02/22/15 11:38
Author: SCKP187

Certainly is neat to see these first-generation switchers. You do very well at finding these in your travels. Thanks for the look.
Brian Stevens

Date: 02/22/15 12:53
Author: ns1000

I REALLY like Pic 1!!

Date: 02/22/15 13:57
Author: hogantunnel

Good investigative work for two fine photos.
And a nice shout out to TDN and song writer Nilsson for one of my favorites.
Mike

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/22/15 14:30
Author: mapboy

On April 30, 2011, I shot them in the same general area. See the last picture here- <http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2535030,2535056#msg-2535056&gt; I was told they were stored locomotives of Broken Arrow switching service on UP's Ellerbeck Industrial Lead. The Alco SSB-9 is supposed to be ex-US Steel #002, after it was Oliver Iron Mining #1217. In my shot ex-US Army BLH RS4TC 243 was stored with them, one of the units you refer to.

mapboy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0491 seconds