Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Belated Warbonnet Wednesday with a Blemish...

Date: 02/26/15 13:46
Belated Warbonnet Wednesday with a Blemish...
Author: PasadenaSub

For the first time in a while, I caught BNSF's Pasadena Local on both of my weekdays home this week. The power for both trains were GP60Ms 156 and 102, the latter one of the fleet from my list of 100's that I had never photographed before. Here's the train in Glendora, CA from both days.

1) On Tuesday, 2/24 the westbound was a light-engine between Pomona and Miller Brewing in Irwindale. The 156 has unfortunately been mega-tagged, but at least the blue spot on this side isn't as prominent as the engineer's side - which is a total mess.

2) Going away from the Glenwood Avenue grade crossing. In the distance is the new giant apartment complex going up between Glendora and Pasadena Avenues, which will compete for the tallest structure in town and a source of much debate among candidates for Glendora City Council in the March election.

3) And today, 2/26 the same two units with a short train of 2 covered hoppers as seen approaching the Vermont Avenue grade crossing. Before the condo complex was built north of the tracks here, there was a nice stand of 5-6 palm trees for a backdrop. I guess I should be grateful that they left one. Also, the units must have gotten turned on the Cucamonga wye yesterday, as the graffiti-free 102 is now leading westbound.

Thanks for looking,

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds