Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Belles in the snow then a quick trip down to Atlanta,TX

Date: 02/28/15 08:18
Belles in the snow then a quick trip down to Atlanta,TX
Author: CPR-489

It's been crazy weather lately in Southwest Arkansas/Northeast Texas. We started Wednesday calling for snow and boy did we get it 4-6 inches with some areas getting as much as 8". Lucky the road didn't get too bad and by Thursday they were pretty much clear other bridges and such. I set out Thursday morning after dropping the kiddo's off for school. Sorry for first 5-6 photo's had my ISO set to high didn't notice until later in day.

First up at 5th St Texarkana, Tx and a almost missed KCS 4851 leads a train with five dead in consist CP SD-40's heading for rebuild down in Mexico from what i've been told. This was first of three train so far that moving these engine's.

Date: 02/28/15 08:27
Re: Belles in the snow then a quick trip down to Atlant

2nd up and now at North Jury and right behind 4851 was KCS 3955 with loaded sand train with rear DP engines. I then headed to South Jury to get the dead on hours grain train awaiting a re crew out Shreveport, La

Date: 02/28/15 08:33

Had to call it quits and head back home, but was out again Friday morning with business to tend to in Atlanta, TX got these two shots after finishing up.

Date: 02/28/15 08:47

With my work done in Atlanta, I headed back to Texarkana too try and catch the next train with CP engines. I ended up missing that train, but did catch of few more.

1st KCS 4004 with southbound at north Jury.

2nd KCS 4011 on southbound H train dead on hours waiting a re-crew at texarkana KCS yard.

3rd KCS 2964 running long hood forward back to Ashdown, AR after working the local feed mill.

Date: 02/28/15 08:53
Author: TheGrande

Rebuilt into the SD30C-ECOs?

Date: 02/28/15 08:58

I finished up with these last shots. KCS 4192 passes the signal at MP 488 after crossing the UP Little Rock sub diamond and heads north past me with an empty rock train. The crew would have their work cut out for them. Just after taken this photo the dispatcher would have them yard this train at Texarkana and run light power north picking up power along the way at Ashdown and on to Wade. Wade is siding were the KCS adds and drops off power for the climb over Rich Mountain.

Enjoy... Jason

Date: 02/28/15 09:02

TheGrande Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rebuilt into the SD30C-ECOs?

Yes, from what i've been told. I got the first five and Friday train had four, with more coming by today.

Date: 02/28/15 18:53
Author: TheGrande

Sweet, those things are nice!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0495 seconds