Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > FXE and BNSF units leading detours on the Austin Sub

Date: 03/04/15 16:30
FXE and BNSF units leading detours on the Austin Sub
Author: PALuvR

I thought I might just let these Giddings Sub detours run through Austin without me today. M-W-F are my gym days and Wednesday is grocery shopping. Lucky for me Bergstrom is between the two stores I go to so of course I have to swing by and check things out. On the way to the first store, I saw a NB BNSF train in the siding with a yellow at the north switch and a NB UP train with 7016 leading some autoracks holding the main. I figured with that yellow, the BNSF would be leaving soon. Sure enough, with a flashing yellow 6 minutes later, it headed north. I figured it was a reroute of empty hoppers lettered for SPSX and HLMX among others.

Not wanting to wait, I hit the first store. 45 minutes later before going to the second one, I had to make another stop at Bergstrom. That 7016 train had left in the meantime. I saw a light of a NB'er in the distance and decided to wait. It was a train of cement loads out of Dittlinger. For power it had a pair of C44AC's that I had shot yesterday coming south on the MFWSA - UP 6207 and SPatch 6196.

1. More cloudy weather today with UP 7016 on the main
2. Empty hopper train heads north out of the siding
3. Pair of C44AC's head up CEMEX loads out of Dittlinger

Date: 03/04/15 16:45
Re: FXE and BNSF units leading detours on the Austin Su

While heading home, I saw a NB train stopped at MP 190.6 in Manchaca. After waiting a few minutes, I noticed it wasn't moving and my milk was getting warm so I headed home. After lunch, I noticed on ATCS that it was still there, waiting on a SB to get into Bergstrom Siding so another NB on the main there could head out. So I went back out for a few hours. After almost 2 hours (at least), it finally got underway. About 25 minutes later, that SB out of Bergstrom came through. And to finish up the day, another NB that was in Kyle waiting on the SB'er came through about 35 minutes later. A norther had blown in, clouding things up and spitting a liile rain.

4. The NB that had been holding at 190.6 finally gets going and will get a new crew at S. Sneed about 16 miles up the road.
5. Trailing was a KCS "Belle"
6. Kinda' like this emblem on an autorack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/15 17:03 by PALuvR.

Date: 03/04/15 16:55

The SB out of Bergstrom is reroute. We don't normally see these type of boxcars on southbound trains through here.

7. Nice FXE leader would look better in the sun
8-9. Couple of long boxcars. Appliance or auto parts?

Date: 03/04/15 17:02

I was wondering if this last NB of the day was a counterpart of the previous train. Had the same type of boxcars.

I appreciate y'all having a look. Supposed to have icy roads down here tomorrow. We'll see what she brings.

Mike

10. UP 6648 leading NB autoracks.
11-12. Same type of doubledoor boxcars with NS and conrail lettering

Date: 03/04/15 19:06
Author: SP7615

Excellent stuff Mike. That BNSF looks like a empty taconite train out of Eagle Pass. Keep them pictures coming.

SP7615

Date: 03/05/15 06:18
Author: SP8595

Looks like you are having fun with all of this train traffic Mike:}

UP 7016: ALDAS-03

BNSF 6819: UP symbol UEGSUJ-25. BNSF symbol U EAPSUP0 09 ran on the UP from Eagle Pass, TX to Temple

UP 6207: RDTKCC-03 (Rock-Dittlinger-Katy-Cement)

UP 8726: QEGNL-03

FXE 4671: MPBEG-02

UP 6648: 2AEGAS-03

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0579 seconds