Home Open Account Help 197 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Grain Train at Wolsey SD....

Date: 03/18/15 07:36
BNSF Grain Train at Wolsey SD....
Author: oklachaser

Yesterday while making our way from Redfield SD to Huron SD we caught this northbound grain train at Wolsey SD. The train was lead by BNSF 4994 & 7837 with DPU BNSF 6854. It was a solid consist of BNSF covered hoppers which is something we don't see in Oklahoma. Here is the progression of the train starting with a crew change to the train disappearing in the to the north.
Photos taken March 17, 2015.

12 photos total.

Date: 03/18/15 07:37
Re: BNSF Grain Train at Wolsey SD....

there's more..

Date: 03/18/15 07:38

More...

Date: 03/18/15 07:39

last 3.

Thanks for looking.
Ronda Thomas

Date: 03/18/15 08:51
Author: Ritzville

Nice outback shots in SD Ronda. I like the roller coaster effect of the track. Most of the last ten pictures topography looks like areas of Eastern Washington State but drier looking.

Larry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/15 09:11 by Ritzville.

Date: 03/18/15 10:00
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice series of shots of a brown worm...

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 03/18/15 13:47
Author: ns1000

I like the look of Pic 4!!

Date: 03/18/15 15:48
Author: santafe199

I spent the summer of 1987 working for the DM&E who operated the very trackage you are chasing. I am in total shock to see such heavy power like the 4994 & co. over those tracks. In '87 all we had were ex-C&NW SD9s & ex-MILW SD10s, with a random sampling of 4-axle geeps. There must have been some big time $$$ sunk into that old Northwestern network of track across SoDak. BTW: there is a mind-numbing stretch of 50+ miles of tangent track (straight as an arrow) between roughly Miller & Blunt, SD. The ONLY curvature is the up & down roller coaster of the original construction.

Lance

Date: 03/18/15 18:11
Author: King_Coal

Very nice Ronda!

Date: 03/18/15 19:09
Author: czephyr17

Very nice photos of a line not often photographed! Those elevators in the background are about four miles north of the connection with the RCP&E (former CNW / DM&E / CP).

For those not familiar, this is the former Milwaukee main line between Sioux City and Aberdeen that the State of SD bought when Milwaukee went bankrupt in the early 1980's. The State leased the line to BN who agreed to upgrade and operate it. A few years ago BNSF purchased the line from the State.

Date: 03/18/15 19:39
Author: RCPE_Hogger

Nice photos Ronda. I have ran trains on that line a few times, between Wolsey and Redfield. It was nice meeting you today.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/18/15 21:34
Author: kcmbha

We have some very good friends who live north of Redfield on 281 just east of the drive-in theater, south of the ethanol plant and a stone throws across the tracks. I know those tracks. Craig

Date: 03/19/15 11:21
Author: ns2557

Ronda, Like the series of shots. Gotta love the roller coaster profile up that way. I for one, would have thought that ya'll would get a few of these down you're way there in Okl. I manage to see a few in Colo when I am home at times. Always liked the look of em.
Am down Ok way right now. Over in Elk City. Gonna be heading east tomorrow for Pa. Spent yesterday running down Tulsa Way, til I got a flat tire on one of the steer tires. Looks like someone took a knife and stabbed the tire. Stuff happens at times. But other than all the for down here,you guys are not missing much. Ya'll be safe. Take care, Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0655 seconds