Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few KC MO obsv from the last few days

Date: 03/19/15 10:21
A few KC MO obsv from the last few days
Author: ns2557

Had a chance before I made a delivery to check out Knoche Yard and MAC this past Tuesday. Here are some of the results.

Shot 1. Surprised to see these 2 at MAC. UP Sunset and Stanford. They do look good. What are they doing with them here?

Shot 2. Over at the KCS Fuel Rack at the south end of Knoches, I found one of the Tier 4 GEVO's, the 2023. Managed a few shots of this one. Behind it were BNSF 8500/8518/8501. They stuck around over night the 17th and were still there on the morn of the 18th. Kinda like the looks of this one. I guess it was being checked out by KCS. Alos of note, were 2 Primer painted ES44AC's, one at MAC and one here at the north end of the diesel shop. Nose was in the bldg. and I couldn't get any Unit numbers off either one. Who might these 2 belong to?

Shot 3. And then there was this gem. Altho in Faded Speed Lettering, no doubt who it formally belonged to. It is now NREX 2699. This was the middle unit that had CEFX 1057 and another behind this one. Is CP leasing these? Also noted were 3 CP SD40-2's kinda dead in the water. 2 of them were what I guess are considered B Units, as both cabs were sealed off, those being CP6076 and 5729. Not sure on the 3rd one tho, CP 6026. Kinda beat up looking, but still intact.

Thanks all for lokking and any insight on the UP Bus Cars. Take care, Ben

Date: 03/19/15 12:12
Re: A few KC MO obsv from the last few days
Author: Topfuel

My guess on the UP biz cars is that they are there for paint.

Date: 03/19/15 14:13
Author: tx_trainman54

Would have been nice had Fort Worth & Western picked up the 2699 instead of the rusted junk there buying!

Date: 03/19/15 18:58
Author: SCKP187

2 cars that truely look like real business cars and great catch of the SD45. Thanks for showing all of these.
Brian Stevens

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/20/15 04:42
Author: oklachaser

Nice photos Ben.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds