Home Open Account Help 159 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Albina intermodal

Date: 03/19/15 13:34
UP Albina intermodal
Author: StStephen

Effective March 23rd UP will open up Albina paved areas as an intermodal distribution point for UMAX and EMP equipment, supplementing Brooklyn and Brooklyn Annex. Looks like Brooklyn is bursting at the seams (not surprising given its small size). This is in Portland, OR, for those who don't know.

Since both Brooklyn and Albina are relatively small, I wonder if there will come a point where Albina is handling OSL intermodal lifts again anytime in the future. Not the most efficient, but given the lack of alternatives, it may happen.

Also, has anything started on the Brooklyn expansion/renovation yet? Plans are drawn, just haven't see anything suggesting it has been approved and/or capex authorized.

Bruce Gillings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/15 13:38 by StStephen.

Date: 03/19/15 15:10
Re: UP Albina intermodal
Author: funnelfan

Wouldn't be surprised to see more lift tracks installed north of the overpass at Brooklyn.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 03/19/15 15:24
Author: StStephen

Ted, see: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,3619702,3619702#msg-3619702 for a discussion of this. In my post at the top I provided a link to the city of Portland application that includes plans of what the revised Brooklyn yard is supposed to look like. I am not certain if this has been amended or not.

Bruce Gillings

Date: 03/19/15 17:18
Author: Barstool

Have you guys seem just how long the ZBRTLB and ZLBBRT is, It looks like there will be a second train in the future for each or we will see DPU's....There are a lot of are trailers and containers that have joined the usual shippers, which is a good sign...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds