Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Friday the 13th

Date: 03/25/15 05:55
Friday the 13th
Author: twjurgens

Ken Church and I took one of his "circle tour" trips on February 13th.  Those trips cover lots of miles, sometimes with little reward but it's always worth it to get a chance to see some of the Nebraska Central trains and some different territory.  I think I sent some photos from this trip in an earlier post but here's a few more.The Union Pacific depot at Columbus is to be torn down sometime in the very near future so it's worth it to take photos when you have the opportunity.  It's a shame to lose some of these old depots!The next photo shows Nebraska Central 6330 and 2002 westbound at Genoa with a string of sand cars.   The sand cars are for the Preferred Sands facility west of Genoa.These trips follow the UP mainline between Fremont and Columbus where we go north a few miles to follow the Nebraska Central from Oconee to Fullerton.  After leaving the Nebraska Central at Fullerton, we go south to Silver Creek or Central City and follow it again to get to Grand Island.  This trip we caught UP 8227, 4912, and 4345 with a westbound stack train near Clarks. 

Date: 03/25/15 06:17
Re: Friday the 13th
Author: oklachaser

Great photos. Hate to hear UP is tearing down the depot at Columbus; glad I got a photo of it last year when I went thru there.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 03/25/15 06:59
Re: Friday the 13th
Author: santafe199

twjurgens Wrote: > ...The Union Pacific depot at Columbus is to be torn down sometime in the very near future...

That will be a travesty! It's too bad the necessary parties couldn't come together with arrangements to save this great piece of history.
"Git chur pictures while ya can!"

Lance

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds