Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CORP power

Date: 03/31/15 11:28
CORP power
Author: photobob

Being that it appears the CORP is getting SD40's what ever became of these ugly units shown here? They are on a  test train along the Klamath River near Hornbrook on April 30, 2010.

Robert Morris Photography 
http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/index1.html

Date: 03/31/15 11:48
Re: CORP power
Author: CPR_4000

Central Maine & Quebec has some GP20D's; not sure if they're the ones that worked on CORP or not. All are leased from CIT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/15 12:03 by CPR_4000.

Date: 03/31/15 11:52
Author: 3rdswitch

That is one awesome shot, great catch.
JB

Date: 03/31/15 12:38
Author: funnelfan

I personally liked the smurfs as a railfan, even though the local railfans down there didn't care for them. They were different, but now the CORP will be getting orange geeps and SD's just like all those other G&W shortlines. I can see how the crew wouldn't like the tall windows as it makes it hard to keep the sun out. But I would have love to have ridden north during the daytime from Medford to Dillard in one of those!

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 03/31/15 12:39
Author: coosbaytoday

Another great shot, photobob.  Believe all but one of those GP20D's went back to somebody when their lease was up.  One still in the CORP Eugene OR engine house as of earlier this week.
Todd Montgomery
Springfield OR

Date: 03/31/15 13:45
Author: highgreengraphics

Crummy engines but gorgeous shot! === === = === JLH

Date: 03/31/15 18:07
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE...!!

Date: 04/01/15 00:57
Author: csxfla

The nose looks kinda Alco ish, the body looks kinda EMD ish, but those cabs!!! The funny thing is, the more you look at them the better they look, lol...

Date: 04/01/15 03:06
Author: hwb36604

I recall seeing them on shots from Oklahoma

Date: 04/01/15 05:00
Author: CPR-489

hwb36604 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recall seeing them on shots from Oklahoma

Used to always have 4-6 on the east end of the KRR Kiamichi running from Hope/Ashdown AR over to Hugo, Ok on former Frisco line. Like other G&W properties they have been gone at least on east end. Just had the first G&W orange SD show up few months ago along with old SP SD tunnel motor.

Nice shots and congrats on IOTD

Date: 04/01/15 07:51
Author: TonyJ

They're probably going to a shortline in Iowa where they can double as corn harvesters.

Date: 04/01/15 08:37
Author: ATSF5964

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crummy engines but gorgeous shot! === === = ===
> JLH

Took the words right out of my mouth. You did the best you could with what they provided, Mr. Morris.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds