Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A late running #14 above Cantara Loop this morning

Date: 04/01/15 19:54
A late running #14 above Cantara Loop this morning
Author: photobob

Amtrak unit #505 leads #14 around the "Wall" above Cantara Loop this morning. The 505 was added yesterday at Guadalupe to help ailing power on #14. A posting on the Passenger Board explains it all. The "Wall" has always been one of my favorite locations with the rock fences hanging over the tracks.

Robert Morris Photography 
http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/index1.html

Date: 04/01/15 20:04
Re: A late running #14 above Cantara Loop this morning
Author: trainupaboy

Very nice BOB!

Date: 04/01/15 20:27
Author: Cajon92

That second photo is excellent, Bob. Thanks for sharing these.

~Ryan

Date: 04/01/15 21:15
Author: bradleymckay

I'm glad you got it Bob.  I was hoping you might since it was running late.  I didn't get any photo's of the "festivities" I witnessed at Guadalupe yesterday because I was on the clock.

Really like the first one.

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/15 21:16 by bradleymckay.

Date: 04/01/15 23:13
Author: sundale

How do you get to the wall?

Date: 04/02/15 07:48
Author: oklachaser

Great shots.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 04/02/15 09:20
Author: BobB

sundale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you get to the wall?

I second the question.  There used to be access to the area between Cantara and Sawmill curves by an old road across from the Mott Road crossing.  You could hike down that road to the tracks.  On the way to Winterail I discovered that there's a new gate with "no trespassing" signs blocking that road.  The road that follows the tracks from the Mott Road area to Sawmill curve, and which appears to have the best access to the wall, has had "no trespassing" signs for years--only the locals can use it. The only currently available access to the curves of which I'm aware is down at Cantara itself, by the bridge over the river.  I don't think the UP wants you to walk to the wall from there.

Date: 04/02/15 10:35
Author: TCnR

Most of that property is or has been for sale. The general area had been a townsite, there is still a large house and outbuildings in the center of the upper curve.

Could be a nice purchase and a good way to help out the rail fan community, maybe some Liability Lawyers as well.

> -----
> > How do you get to the wall?
>
> I second the question. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds