Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Orange ya glad it's Friday, PNWR Albina Flyer...

Date: 04/17/15 09:16
Orange ya glad it's Friday, PNWR Albina Flyer...
Author: 494

If the numerous varieties of traffic control devices & hi-vis vests don't compliment that morning cup of coffee, how about PNWR's 2301 leading last night's Albina Flyer through Milwaukie Oregon earlier today.  Rough week for the Flyer after dying at Albina Monday & never even making it off the property yesterday, the combination of a clear April morning along with some extra switching at Kellogg allowed for this daylight photo opportunity of the boys heading home across Harrison St. 
The overhead wires, foreground tracks & construction personnel are all part of the MAX's....yup you guessed it Orange Line opening later this year. 
This location is a few blocks North of viewrail Scott's post from last week, http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3714749,3714749 his view is opposite mine with the PNWR tracks in the foreground.  Of note, i was told there would be more MAX testing this weekend for anyone in the area who may be interested.

Date: 04/17/15 09:36
Re: Orange ya glad it's Friday, PNWR Albina Flyer...
Author: P

blech

Date: 04/17/15 12:12
Author: EMDSW-1

Wow...nicw shot!

Sure looks different from when I grew up three blocks from there!

Dick Samuels
OPR

Date: 04/17/15 12:15
Author: portlander

My old house was just down the tracks from here out of the picture on the top right. Good memories! I wish the light rail was there when I was living there.

Date: 04/17/15 13:52
Author: 494

Thanks...were you guys working AmeriCold this morning?  I heard some whistles coming from your way but didn't head over to check it out.

EMDSW-1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow...nicw shot!

Date: 04/17/15 15:02
Author: viewrail

Good catch. They were back on the property at 6:50 AM this morning with 34 cars and departed (after switching Kellogg Park) with 18 cars (3 loads and 15 empties).

Scott Anderson
Lake Oswego, OR

Date: 04/18/15 11:44
Author: EMDSW-1

494 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks...were you guys working AmeriCold this
> morning?  I heard some whistles coming from your
> way but didn't head over to check it out.
>
> EMDSW-1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow...nicw shot!
>  

We were making a move with our new passenger caboose and ran light engine across the Johnson Creek trestle to acommodate a photographer.

Dick Samuels
O P R

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds