Home Open Account Help 179 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Trains in the Rain

Date: 04/18/15 08:51
Trains in the Rain
Author: twjurgens

OK, maybe I've gone from hobby to obsession BUT.....
 Track maintenance on the UP has caused Amtrak to alter the schedule for #6 for a few days.  That means more chances for photos of this usually nocturnal visitor in "daylight".  Daylight in quotes because the first two days (and looks like 3 for sure) have been cloudy, one with some much needed rain!

Anyway, it was worth the time and a few rain drops today since the Amtrak salute to veterans unit was leading the show.  As we were getting ready to leave, we saw another head light in the distance and hung around for a shot of yet another coal load.  Seemed like the thing to do since we were already there! 

These photos have been lightened considerably to make them presentable.  The cloud cover is pretty thick. 

Given the rain and lightning this morning, perhaps an ill advised outing.  Carol is looking in the yellow pages for counselors!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/15 08:52 by twjurgens.

Date: 04/18/15 17:56
Re: Trains in the Rain
Author: SCKP187

Wish I could get a shot like you did in #1. Everything about it is perfect in composition and subject. Thanks for showing this great result.
Brian Stevens.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/18/15 19:00
Author: twjurgens

Thanks Brian!

SCKP187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wish I could get a shot like you did in #1.
> Everything about it is perfect in composition and
> subject. Thanks for showing this great result.
> Brian Stevens.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/19/15 06:42
Author: oklachaser

Great shots! Especially your first photo.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds