Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A brief, but productive, visit on the TRE

Date: 05/02/15 21:01
A brief, but productive, visit on the TRE
Author: Hirailgirl

Had some buisness with my friend Kenfl9 today. We decided to meet halfway between our homes, and, what better place than trackside! South Irving station on the TRE was decided on and so we meet. After compleating our buisness, we had a few minutes until westbound train 2969 was due. We started towords the platform at the appropiate time, and surprise!, it was early. So...
#1 I got a grab shot of TRE 121 from the parking lot.
 We heard a BNSF train on the Madil Sub asking the TRE dispatcher to line up to go to Dallas. The TRE eastbound train  2970 was due in the station in 12 minutes so, he, and we had to wait.
#2 After the stop here is TRE train 2970 accelerating to track speed. We had moved  just East of the station to Britton Rd. The track curving off to the right is the East leg of the wye conecting the Madil Sub to the TRE.
#3 Had to get a going away shot to get the TRE 126. All locomotives on the TRE face the West.
One more...

Date: 05/02/15 21:13
Re: A brief, but productive, visit on the TRE
Author: Hirailgirl

#4 A few minutes later our BNSF train rounds the corner lead by CSX 752 and sister E44 CSX 758 . I don't know the symbol for this train. The Madil DSs almost always use the engine number in their comunications.
 After this train, we headed for our respective homes. Not bad for less than a hour tackside. Hope you enjoy the pictures! Thanks for looking.
Hirailgirl

Date: 05/02/15 22:03
Author: Trains232

Good lookin passenger train! Those cabcars always looked neat. I sure miss the old metrolink trains. Nice stuff! 

Date: 05/03/15 05:52
Author: oklachaser

Nice photos.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 05/03/15 07:16
Author: SCKP187

Excellent passenger set, great catches.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds