Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Rochelle, IL and Proviso Yard Questions

Date: 05/22/15 13:39
Rochelle, IL and Proviso Yard Questions
Author: atsf19455

Anyone local to this area who keeps abreast of goings-on in Rochelle and how westbound traffic originating there heads out? Does the traffic get picked up by a local and taken to Proviso yard?

Nippon Sharyo has a facility in Rochelle and I was curious if anyone would be able to give a headsup of when the next set of SMART DMUs gets shipped out. 

Would be curious to know if anyone knows of other bulletin boards frequented by Illinois folks. 

PM me if you like. Thx!

Date: 05/22/15 18:49
Re: Rochelle, IL and Proviso Yard Questions
Author: JasonCNW

Not real familer but I'll take a stab at it. There is a shuttle for intermodal between Global 2 (proviso) to G3 and return. The wayfreight is out of West Chicago and works industries in Rochelle. Corrections welcomed.
JC

Posted from Android

Date: 05/23/15 05:42
Re: Rochelle, IL and Proviso Yard Questions
Author: quio05

The Sterling Local handles the picking up and setting out of cars at Rochelle. The Valley job or Troy Grove job doesn't go past De Kalb and heads south down to Trove Grove. At least thats how it should be done still...I haven't worked past Elburn in over 5yrs.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0706 seconds