Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Lots of rain

Date: 05/24/15 12:27
Lots of rain
Author: cvrhoghead

Here I have a 3 day weekend, that does not happen very often, and unable to do any rail fanning.  The BNSF's Avard sub, and the UP's Enid sub, having flooding problems.  both the DS's are giving flash flood wanings to trains.  There is lots of water between Enid, Ok, and Wellington, Ks.  Most of the creeks are out, or have been out of there banks.  In my travels, did not see any track damage, but did not see any trains.  Did hear some BNSF trains on the Avard sub, and the DS talking to trains in wellington----to tie them down.  Not sure if because of  weather, or no crews because of the holiday weekend.  May everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend.

Date: 05/24/15 20:12
Re: Lots of rain
Author: sd39

Raining again in Hugoton!

Date: 05/24/15 21:51
Author: ACR_Ted

If you need something to do you could:

Work on your layout ....

Order more BN grain cars and other goodies from your favorite dealer ....

Help out Henry ....

or take photos of the rain ....

<VBG>

Ted

Date: 05/25/15 09:27
Author: cvrhoghead

No basement to work on a layout, darn it.  ( but working on that)  Spring Creek Model Trains does have lots I would like to get, not only BN.  I am SURE Henry does not need any help, I am sure the FRA is having fun there.  Thinking about going over by Perry Ok, hopefully see some trains on the Avard sub,and red rock sub-------- if the roads are still open.  Ted, enjoy your nice cool days in Az.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds