Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Few Iowa Images

Date: 05/29/15 19:32
A Few Iowa Images
Author: Mastadon

I took a quick trip west to Iowa with my Baltimoron Father who came out to the Midwest for our annual trip. The goal was just to get the hell out of Chicagoland and enjoy the small towns of Iowa and Western Illinois. Anyway, we had a good time despite the weather which was finicky at times. There certainly isn't much variety left out there anymore, but you take what you can get.

1- Iowa Interstate's CBBI tears through Oxford on the way to Chicago with a mixed bag of GE and EMDs on a sunny morning along the former Rock Island.
2- At Iowa Interstate's South Amana yard, the Rock Island Heritage motor met up with the McGEVO. It was nice to see both of their "special" motors together.
3- At Canadian Pacific's Nahant Yard in the Quad Cities, some former DME motors hang out awaiting their next assignments after a strong rainstorm soaked the area.

It was a fun trip, but each time I return to Iowa I find more and more things no longer there. Progress can sometimes be really lame.

Lots more can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mastadon4935/

-Don Kalkman

Date: 05/29/15 19:48
Re: A Few Iowa Images
Author: ns2557

Nice shot's. Esp nmbr 1.  Ben

Date: 05/30/15 02:58
Author: oklachaser

Great photos. Especially #1.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 06/01/15 11:58
Author: ns1000

Nice work...!! I also like Pic 1!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds