Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF St Croix sub

Date: 07/27/15 20:28
BNSF St Croix sub
Author: kelarson

More new signals going up around my house.  Bummer for me is the signals at Main St in Cochrane are moving about a half mile north, which means I won't be able to see them from my house anymore.  Oh well.  I am not sure how far along the crossovers near Alma are.  The new distant signals both south and north are in place.  I was also down in Trempelaeu over the weekend and it appears the new signals there are active.  Things are progressing at a good pace.

Karen Larson
Winslow, AZ
The Collection of my Photos

Date: 07/27/15 20:41
Re: BNSF St Croix sub
Author: commissioner

Looked like they were working on them a couple weeks ago when I was there. Not sure how far they are now.

Date: 07/28/15 07:21
Author: bnsftcdiv

Tremepaleau is lit and signaled. New Detector has been active for quite awhile, just wish it was further west for warning on eastbounds(like the Cocrane signals!) East Winona was lit but turned to the side yet, and lots of heavy equipment in the EW area so construction in the causeway may be happening. I have heard EW may go online on the 28th but that may just be RR rumor...havent been much far north of there gets lit for Fountain City or Cochrane but the signals were there the last time I looked, just not active and turned to the side

Dave Burman
Trempealeau, WI

Date: 07/28/15 16:09
Author: pyroman

Just use ATCS then one can see traffic on the entire sub. Yesterday it looked like they were testing the CP 339 ATCS, guessing the cutover will be this Friday which is the normal cut day for the Winona Jct on to Cochrane. I'll probably take a spin up that way Friday since have the day off for some comp time (which means guaranteed no trains then). Alma last rumor I heard was mid-August or so with the big La Crosse cutover about Labor Day. Back here in La Crosse looks like they are just about done with the bridges in the swap and are finishing up the subgrade.  Track laying coming soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/15 16:10 by pyroman.

Date: 07/28/15 16:26

Is Labor day when they replace the crossing in at Grand Crossing or will that be sooner?

Date: 07/28/15 16:44
Author: pyroman

Still a month out but Labor Day meant in that time period aka could be a week or so before or after (aka railroad time) - but given progress and shipping critical time starts about then guessing late August.  Beside the new 3+ miles of new main on the BNSF there is also a new set of crossovers, new quad diamond and all new signaling for both BNSF and CP not to mention the work on the BNSF yard switches, etc. Oh and Amtrak runs here too so this is a big time scheduling fun!

Date: 07/28/15 17:16

Thanks for the clarification pyroman!

pyroman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still a month out but Labor Day meant in that time
> period aka could be a week or so before or after
> (aka railroad time) - but given progress and
> shipping critical time starts about then guessing
> late August.  Beside the new 3+ miles of new main
> on the BNSF there is also a new set of crossovers,
> new quad diamond and all new signaling for both
> BNSF and CP not to mention the work on the BNSF
> yard switches, etc. Oh and Amtrak runs here too so
> this is a big time scheduling fun!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds