Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Cima pictures from Saturday

Date: 08/03/15 17:11
Some Cima pictures from Saturday
Author: syscom3

I headed out there hoping to get some trains starting to move now that the washout was repaired. Well, I got one at Ivanpah and a small one at Cima summit. I was also hoping to get some nice cloud backdrops as rain was forecast in Las Vegas. That I did manage to get.

These three pictures are of an east bound intermodal. I took these at Ivanpah.

Date: 08/03/15 17:13
Re: Some Cima pictures from Saturday

Here are two more of them.

I wanted to stay here longer, but I got chased out by some bee's. They made a hive somewhere near here and they were getting pissed at me. These were the tiny desert bee's that dont sting (as far as I know) but will annoy you to death.

note the signal light. It wont be long before this is replaced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/15 18:26 by syscom3.

Date: 08/03/15 17:17

So I left Invanpah and headed up to Cima Summit. Along the way I saw an eastbound manifest that was 30 minutes behind the intermodal. I figured things were going to be good up there.

Wrong!!!!!

After a couple hours, this was the only train that came along. A tiny MOW.

It wasnt too hot up there either. But very windy. To windy for me to take a video of it.

Date: 08/03/15 17:18

So after this train left, I headed back down to Kelso. Along the way, were several construction points where the old signals are being replaced with the new.

Date: 08/03/15 17:20

And down at Kelso, here are the new signals and supplies being staged for this sub.

Date: 08/03/15 20:53
Author: 567Chant

It looks to me as though the overcast bumped the color temperature in such a way as to avoid a washed-out appearance of the subject and the foliage.
Kinda nifty for the summertime!
Nice work.
...Lorenzo

Date: 08/03/15 21:29
Author: StStephen

Wonder if the intermodal you caught was the ZLADV?  Probably a sleuthing opportunity for mapboy, who seems to be able to identify these.  But it seems to have mostly domestic intermodal traffic: domestic containers and a very large number of trailers.  I couldn't get a clear definition, but seems like a number of the trailers were similar (but blurred) to Prime refrigerated trailers.

Bruce

Date: 08/03/15 23:00
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

syscom3 ---
As always, I really enjoy your photos taken
in the desert.  Love those wide-open spaces!
And I like the composition -- showing the vistas
and the mountains in the background, and the
train -- looking so small against the hugeness of
the landscape.  Nice work!  (Gl;ad the bees didn't
\sting you!  Imagine that -- bees that don't sting.)

Date: 08/04/15 00:01
Author: Fizzboy7

Enjoyed your photos.  Do you by chance have any of the trailers from the first train?

Date: 08/04/15 04:49
Author: ns1000

GOOD stuff....!! Thanks....

Date: 08/04/15 08:52
Author: PCX

Train was the ZLADV 01, so probably a lot of JB Hunt trailers on there. That is usually the only eb intermodal on that route that handles any tofc these days. Thanks for the posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/15 08:53 by PCX.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0593 seconds