Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tier 4 GE's

Date: 08/24/15 18:49
Tier 4 GE's
Author: tehachcond

Acting on a tip by SP8595, I set out this morning to find the GE Tier 4 demonstrators on a southbound coal train on the Denver-Pueblo Joint Line.  I saw the local sitting at the end of double track at Palmer Lake, with the BNSF Track Geometry train sitting behind it at the sag signal.  The geometry train wasn't too attractive a photo subject.  The light was wrong, and the single unit looked as though someone rolled it in the dirt.  A northbound manifest that 3rdswitch shot went by, and then the DS let  maintenance in the way out between Palmer Lake and Monument.  There sat the local and the geometry train, so I headed north looking for my target.
   Here are three shots of said train.  Notice the last one is at a certain 'secret spot," known only to 3rdswitch.  I had to fight fire haze, spotty clouds, and midday flat light.
   Need some information about the symbol of this train.  Also, can anyone provide details about the engines themselves?  Horsepower? Prime mover, etc?
   Thanks in advance, and thanks for looking.

1..About to cross the famous trestle at Larkspur.

2.  Greenland.

3.  3rdswitch's secret spot at Palmer Lake.

Brian Black
Castle Rock, CO

Date: 08/24/15 19:49
Re: Tier 4 GE's
Author: bnsfsd70

#3 is really nice!

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 08/24/15 21:25
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice catches, ALMOST headed to that very spot when I heard the strange horn at the crossing! Probably would have had I noticed the sun had broke through.
JB

Date: 08/25/15 11:36
Author: davebb71

some where to the right of this picture... dave, out.

Date: 08/25/15 11:49
Author: SD45X

CNAMMLT077

Date: 08/25/15 18:39
Author: SP8595

Glad that you were able to catch them! You can't beat shot #3:}

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds