Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > today around burbank jct

Date: 08/31/15 14:50
today around burbank jct
Author: tc

I start the day off with a morning S/B loaded oil cans coming off the coast line  hitting downtown burbank station then ran around the corner west of the juct for a couple of shots of the rail train and then head back to the jct to watch the S/B saugus local approach the jct but he had to wait for a N/B metro to head up the coast line. Note the new track to the lest of the saugus for the valley to run on while they build the overpass at buena vista.

Date: 08/31/15 14:53
Re: today around burbank jct

with the metro passing the saugus has a clear signal to the junction. Fun shooting through a fence.    Thanks for looking Tim ( I really need to get a job).

Date: 08/31/15 16:07
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!! I like the look of Pic 1!!

Date: 08/31/15 18:07
Author: msdgbar

TC. Do you how much farther north of the junction will the new doubletrack go? 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/15 18:11 by msdgbar.

Date: 08/31/15 21:00

I followed the spare track northward and the new track ends in the ballast   short of hollywood way by ( I am just guessing I am really bad with measurements)    200 feet  maybe a llittle more

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/15 21:02 by tc.

Date: 08/31/15 21:06
Author: 567Chant

I'm glad to see that Swaner Hardwood seems robust.
...Lorenzo

Date: 09/01/15 12:48
Author: Kimball

Nice shots from near where I grew up.  Neat to see the SR-71 on the Lockheed Aircraft sign in the background of photo 3.

Date: 09/01/15 14:15

I have wanted to get the planes in the background  for a couple of shots but to many people around during the week I am not sure how do do it now with all the construction,

Date: 09/01/15 17:59
Author: PasadenaSub

Neat pictures of the work going and the trains through there, Tim.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds