Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Today's CORP and the Siskiyou

Date: 09/01/15 19:23
Today's CORP and the Siskiyou
Author: callum_out

Crane and other equipment at the Edgewood bridge just West of I-5 today, looking like some
serious deck work on the bridge. Lotsa new ties on Bailey Hill, track is starting to look shiny
through Grenada so ballast trains must be running. No sign of the Weed power (yuh shoulda
been here yesterday!), YW still forlorn looking despite the STB filing and a glimmer of hope.

Out

Date: 09/01/15 20:08
Re: Today's CORP and the Siskiyou
Author: sp4294

The recent STB filing on the YW should be ignored. Flat Iron Rail Inc. was incorporated in Colorado on 7/18/15. And the manager for Flat Iron Rail is a John Knapp who has been a business partner of Court Hammond's off and on for a number of years and is an architect of some sort. Also both parties are being represented by the same lawyer. The whole thing is a trick of some sort. Doesn't mean anything for the YW at this moment. 

Tim Stricker
Gillette, WY

Date: 09/01/15 20:49

Tim, thanks for the heads up.

Out

Date: 09/01/15 21:13
Author: TCnR

Did you check out the water bottling plant for plastic pellets and an active rail connection?

Date: 09/01/15 23:49
Author: ActionMike

It seems like UP provides power to CORP for trains running north if CORP does the blocking of the loads.

Will that be the same for southbound loads or will CORP be using their own power up over the Siskiyous?

Date: 09/02/15 08:39
Author: Soo715

I've been told that standard power will be a three-pack of CORP's SD-40-2s.  Also (sorry photographers) that it is likely that operations over the Siskyous will be at night.  This is due to the extreme fire danger in the Shasta Valley on the south end of the line. 

Date: 09/02/15 11:44

The Crystal Geyser spur appears to get used at times, it certainly isn't rusty though they
don't have a large unload facility. Roseburg mill appears to be very busy both in box loads
of veneer and reworked box loads of chips. Truck shot is but a level spot because of the
fire, my former Redding guys had just installed a large Aerouip hose machine and associated
fittings a couple months before the fire.

Out

Date: 09/02/15 13:03
Author: TCnR

Yep, the Weed Mill 'Shop' didn't make it but they're building something across the old spur from it. Amazes me how much they have built into the old Mill. After looking at some of the other Roseburg Plants I figured out they are a pretty serious Company. Quite a bit of the timber covered hillsides around Dunsmuir are Roseburg properties.

Drove past the Business Park / Mill area outside of Yreka, the Fruit Growers Supply Mill was looking very near completion. Both FGS and the neighboring Timber Products (?) Mill have a pretty healthy log deck. The have the Yreka RR 'main' right there but it sounds like it's a legal mess.

Interesting to see/hear how the Medford to Weed Line fares, it was pretty cool in the SP days, but that was a long time ago. Checked out White City Mill area over the summer and that area is pretty well scrubbed clean. I posted a number of Siskiyou Pass photos on my PBase site, I have as many scanned and ready to add to it when I get a chance. 'Chances' seem to be few and far between right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/15 13:05 by TCnR.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0546 seconds