Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Grand Crossing replacement

Date: 10/02/15 16:10
Grand Crossing replacement
Author: pyroman

The final work major work for the WI capacity project is here with the Grand Crossing replacement along with a ton of other work to occur over the next 48 hours.  Already crews have removed the old switch to the "Ice House" and are putting in the new one at the new main 1 location (picture 2).  Next up will be the switch for "Yard Lead" leaving no access to the BNSF yard on the east end - but that does not matter because tomorrow afternoon/evening the diamond gets replaced halting all traffic.  The diamond is al prepped for getting hoisted into place and portable light sets are getting ready for a long next few nights. Beside the diamond install and the new main there will also be all the new signaling to come online along with a new BSNF crossover control point south of the diamond and CP has the new crossover they installed the other week to finish out.

Add to all this it ls Oktoberfest weekend here in La Crosse so the majority of my day will be taken walking the big parade, following that I figure to check on progress here and maybe try so night shots of the work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/15 16:18 by pyroman.

Date: 10/02/15 16:33
Re: Grand Crossing replacement
Author: Out_Of_Service

so they're replacing diamonds that CREATE wants to eliminate ... is this just for maintenance or an improved capacity increase ??? ...

Date: 10/02/15 17:16
Author: pyroman

Out_Of_Service Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so they're replacing diamonds that CREATE wants to
> eliminate ... is this just for maintenance or an
> improved capacity increase ??? ...

Your thinking the Chicago location, this is the La Crosse, WI one.

Date: 10/02/15 17:34
Author: Out_Of_Service

Aaaahhhh ok ... is this part of the capacity and CTC improvements to eliminate the bottleneck ??? ...

Date: 10/02/15 22:16
Author: SD45X

If the judge will let them use it. He only allowed them to finish it I think was the last report.......

Date: 10/03/15 12:28
Author: theironhorse

SD45X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the judge will let them use it. He only allowed
> them to finish it I think was the last
> report.......

Stay was lifted.

The Iron Horse

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds