Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Last Day of Port of LA Red Car

Date: 10/03/15 20:19
Last Day of Port of LA Red Car
Author: erielackawanna

Last Sunday I headed down to San Pedro for the reported last day of Red Car ops. I've heard some conflicting info, so not sure if there is a reprieve in the works or not, but here's what I shot. Actually started by rostering one of the PHL MPI/Progress Rail Frankensteins at Knoll.

Third image is of the one replica Red Car running while I was down there, seen at the Cruise Ship Terminal station.

Date: 10/03/15 20:20
Re: Last Day of Port of LA Red Car
Author: erielackawanna

Next three shots are of a couple passes near the old Ferry Building (and site of the old PE station, which would have been out of frame about a block or so of pic two.

Date: 10/04/15 05:28
Author: jmbreitigan

A nice series of photos.
John

Date: 10/04/15 06:25
Author: tc

Nice shots Charles  aw man I missed you down there I rode one of the cars on sunday and the operator stated they still had 30 days but as you and I know things do change without notice back to the shots NIce, I wish I could of got some good ones like you did thanks for them.  Its funny about the PHL units when they were shoving cars around I kept waiting for the roar of a diesel engine and all you could hear was a purr, weird.  Thanks Tim

Date: 10/04/15 10:16
Author: PasadenaSub

Great shots, Charles.  I've ridden the Red car there before, but never got any action shots of them running.

Rich

Date: 10/04/15 16:27
Author: ns1000

I like Pics 4 and 5!! They kinda remind me of a model layout....

Date: 10/04/15 17:01
Author: Chooch

Pics 1 and 2 are another example in my opinion of a locomotive paint scheme that really looks nice in just black and white. Nice pics, thanks.

Jim
Hatboro, PA​

Date: 10/04/15 17:33
Author: TheNavigator

Nice shots, Charles.  Always good to see something with a PE connection posted.

Gary

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0532 seconds