Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Stop in Topeka On The Way Home

Date: 10/05/15 12:58
A Stop in Topeka On The Way Home
Author: ATSF2921

On the way home from Abilene, Ks, I stopped in Topeka to hopefully photograph Amtrak's SW Chief number 3.  A quick check on Amtrak's site told me nbr 3 was running on time.  I arrived at the depot about an hour before nbr 3's scheduled arrival time and saw a business car train tied down for the night.  The plan was to wait and shoot nbr 3 sitting beside the business cars.  However, after a long day in Abilene, I found myself nodding off, and I still had a little more driving to do to get home, so I just settled for the business car train and part of the depot.  All 3 photos taken 10/3/15.

1 - Business car train tied down at the depot.

2 - Trying to tie in 2/3rds of Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe by framing the business car "Santa Fe" in Amtrak's Topeka sign.

3 - I've always wanted to shoot the "To Waiting Room" sign lit and the pointless arrow logo at the trackside entrance/exit, but kept putting it off.  This time I made it a point to do so.

Thanks for looking.

Russell Honey
Springfield, MO
My Flickr page

Date: 10/05/15 13:54
Re: A Stop in Topeka On The Way Home
Author: SCKP187

Nice image in #1--the signs are a neat idea, glad you got'em this time.
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/05/15 16:34
Author: rrartist

Very nice Sir!

Date: 10/06/15 04:31
Author: sfn2633

Russell:

You just keep doing good work!  I hope you got some sleep?

Jeff N 

Date: 10/06/15 09:27
Author: oklachaser

Really nice photos.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds