Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KCSing with Friends . . .

Date: 10/05/15 13:43
KCSing with Friends . . .
Author: SCKP187

Saturday October 3rd turned out to be a great day of gathering for TO members. SP8595 and his Dad were traveling through this part of the country so myself, oklachaser, TTownTrains, and BNSF 6432 joined them and we all scoured the KCS from Gentry AR to Rich Mtn. AR.
Fortunately for our out-of-state visitors the KCS was running several trains with Belles as well as some cool foreign power.
From all of us I'm sure there are several duplicate shots, so I'll share a few from when I had wandered off from the crowd, or at least use some that may not be used by the others in the group.
1.    DPUs shoveing a Texas Utilities coal load out of Gentry AR was the first southbound move mid-morning.  I really like the Belles appearance but it is also nice to see the gray units as well.
2.    Lone leader KCS 4172 on the H-KCSH entering the appliances and siding at North Watts OK, it will set out 1 car and pick up 3 units before heading on south to Heavener OK crew change point.
3.    Towards the end of the day when there is a lull in both northbound and southbound traffic, gray KCS 2898-1909 on the south end dodger are drifting down the north side of Rich Mtn. on the return trip to Heavener OK.
Thanks for looking. Photos October 3 2015
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/05/15 14:27
Re: KCSing with Friends . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice bunch, that section of the KCS is a marvel of train handling. Glad I did not have to run trains on that roller coaster profile.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds