Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > a welcomed interruption

Date: 10/08/15 11:08
a welcomed interruption
Author: santafe199

I had a doctor appointment in Topeka, KS this past Tuesday morning* so by railfan law I took US hwy 24 to the state capital, as opposed to a slightly quicker I-70 routing. US 24 follows the good old KP the entire 58 miles (give or take) between Manhattan & Topeka. I saw no train activity on the drive over, but my trip back home was interrupted. I spotted an eastbound headlight and was forced to make a hard U-turn back to Rossville. The sunlight was good enough to make me backtrack even further to Silver Lake. Just the kind of welcomed interruption a traveling railfan looks for…

1. UP 8694 is crossing Cross Creek at the west edge of Rossville, KS

2. & 3. The 8694 passes through Silver Lake in a couple of different focal lengths.
(3 photos taken October 6, 2015)

*The good doctor informed me I had 6 months to live. I told him I couldn’t pay my bill. Whereupon he he retorted: “Then I’ll give you another 6 months…” (with apologies to Henny Youngman! ;^)

Thanks for the $$$ diagnosis!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/15 12:14 by santafe199.

Date: 10/08/15 11:58
Re: a welcomed interruption
Author: oklachaser

Great trio.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 10/08/15 12:39
Author: SCKP187

Nice. I really like that first frame.
Brian Stevens

Date: 10/09/15 06:19
Author: Bob3985

Lance, it was a good thing this took place on your way home or you would have either missed your appointment or the train if it had been on the way there.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 10/09/15 07:24
Author: santafe199

Bob3985 Wrote: > ...good thing this took place on your way home or you would have...

Weeeuuullllll....... the word "late" might have entered the vernacular some place or another... ;^)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds