Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CP / UP / SI OIL train

Date: 10/10/15 14:59
CP / UP / SI OIL train
Author: hawkinsun

14:55  Just another heads up for those rail fans South of Vay, Idaho along the UP/SIRy and on toward Portland , Ore.   This one has a CP GE on the point, and a uncommon up here, KCS Red-Yellow-Black behind it.  I was to far away to catch the numbers.  Had a CP red on the tail.

It's starting to spit here.  Hope you have some better photo opps. down there.

Spokane Train Show Sunday (tomorrow)

hawkinsun
Vay, Idaho

Date: 10/10/15 17:32
Re: CP / UP / SI OIL train
Author: SilvertonRR100

Caught it at Naple, ID, about 1330 hours.  CP 8861, KCS 4141 or something like that, and CP 9561 on the rear.  Would appreciate a car count.

also there is a CN  sub potash seen at Chehalis, WA about 1234 hours with CN and a blue lesser.

Rob

Date: 10/10/15 17:57
Author: cpn456

Thats the second oil train off the Washy this weekend.  Yesterday, a southbound loads had a CP leader, UP SD70M, and a CP rear DPU.

Date: 10/10/15 18:19
Author: hawkinsun

Hi Rob,   I didn't get an exact car count on the train you saw at Naples, ID but most of them have had about 100 cars including the two buffer cars.  I think that was the nineth UP/SI train since midnight.   There was a NB since that one.  It was an empty Richardson unit hopper train.  I think I heard another oiler in the dark last night, and some potash trains.  There's a dip on the North side of my crossing and the tanks all bang their couplers when they go over my driveway.  

hawkinsun
Vay, Idaho

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds