Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Downtown Phoenix Skyline from UP Harrison St. Yard

Date: 11/17/15 14:15
Downtown Phoenix Skyline from UP Harrison St. Yard
Author: spider1319

With Phoenix skyline in the backgound the LKT71 prepares to get on their train. Commonly known as the Magma Turn, the train will run to Tucson with work enroute primarily the  east end of the Phoenix Subdivision.Harrison Street Yard is the downtown former SP Yard in Phoenix.Bill Webb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/15 15:20 by spider1319.

Date: 11/17/15 14:19
Re: Downtown Phoenix Skyline from UP Harrison St. Yard
Author: bbcc

Cool pic! How often does this train run? Is this different than the PXTU/TUPX pair? Thanks!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/18/15 10:25

MWF Tucson to Phoenix and TTHS Phoenix to Tucson.Mostly interchange with Copper Basin at Magma.Concetrates to Hayden and concentrates from San Manuel. to Guaymas.Bill Webb

Date: 11/18/15 13:52
Author: bbcc

Thanks for the reply. Let me rephrase: I know there is an PXTU/TUPX pair running between Phoenix and Tucson but I've never heard it referred to as the Magma Turn. Is the Magma turn an additional train or is it the same as the PXTU-TUPX? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/15 13:56 by bbcc.

Date: 11/18/15 15:04

The MTUPX/MPXTU is a separate train.Bill Webb

Date: 11/18/15 19:16
Author: MyTeggyPC

There is also a MPXWC that runs once in awhile.

Jeffrey Rossi
Mesa, AZ
HD Videos - AZ RailFan Site(No Ads)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds