Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Couple Unique Moves on BNSF Ottumwa Sub

Date: 11/20/15 20:02
Couple Unique Moves on BNSF Ottumwa Sub
Author: Agent

I was fortunate to see a couple unique trains on the BNSF Ottumwa Subdivision at Agency, Iowa today.  First, thanks to a friend, I caught a special move of Regional Transportation District commuter cars on their way to Denver, Colorado.  They passed through Agency just not long before 11:00 a.m.  I was told the symbol was J-CHCDEN9-19A.  I see these cars were spotted in Ohio on Tuesday: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3893049.

1) ES44C4 BNSF 7949 leads the train under gray skies.  We'd have our first snow of the season by the end of the day.

2) Cars 4054 and 4053.  I understand the reporting marks for these cars are RTDX, correct?

3) 4056 and 4055.

Date: 11/20/15 20:20
Re: Couple Unique Moves on BNSF Ottumwa Sub

4) Going away shot of an EMU set.

Then, thanks to another friend, I was able to catch a westbound mixed freight train pulled two Norfolk Southern units with a high and wide load behind them.  It came through at 11:35 a.m.

5) ES44AC NS 8004 leading up Agency Hill.

6) The front of a train passing a Lunda Construction Co. hi-rail truck parked by the tracks.  It was working on this line yesterday.

Date: 11/20/15 20:31

7) NS 2579, an SD70.

8-9) The high and wide load.  I have never seen anything like this before.  The name "Cleaver Brooks" is on the side of it.  From what I can tell by looking them up online, they are a boiler company.

Date: 11/20/15 20:52
Author: AndyBrown

Nice catches.  Yes, it's a typical looking package boiler.

Andy

Date: 11/21/15 06:20
Author: SantaFe9820

Damn, and I missed both. I saw them coming, just didn't know what they were. Nice shots!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0718 seconds