Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Grassy, Utah

Date: 11/26/15 15:31
Grassy, Utah
Author: 2ebright

News that Amtrak #6 was running 7 hours late and that the weather in eastern Utah would be good caused me to get out of bed early and hightail it south to the UP’s Green River Sub. #6 is scheduled to leave Helper, Utah at 6:37AM, well before daylight this time of year, but due to it’s lateness I wanted to catch it in the desert between Helper and Green River. I searched out a place I had been to before at Grassy Siding, drove up on a grey shale hill and waited. Before #6 arrived here comes an empty Union Pacific coal train no doubt returning to the North Fork Sub mines in Colorado for a reload. Then I got a visit from a very friendly Utah State Patrol trooper driving a 4 wheel drive truck wanting to know if I was OK. Actually, I think someone saw me out there, got suspicious and called the cops. Once he saw me he knew I wasn’t a threat and we had a very friendly talk. He didn’t even ask me for my ID. Even after I explained my hobby to him he still couldn’t believe I was going to spend hours sitting on this hill taking pictures of trains. Amtrak #6 finally showed up and I got coming and going shots. So, here is the action at Grassy, Utah on November 12, 2015.

Dick Ebright
Rosevelt, Utah

Date: 11/26/15 15:36
Re: Grassy, Utah
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice, great effort.
JB

Posted from Android

Date: 11/26/15 15:37
Author: highgreengraphics

Around Grassy is an interesting place for photos with those multicolor cliffs in the background and curves in the foreground. Nice photos! === === = === JLH

Date: 11/26/15 16:10
Author: photobob

Those Amtrak shots are outstanding. Excellent location.

Date: 11/26/15 16:22
Author: ns1000

photobob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those Amtrak shots are outstanding. Excellent
> location.

AGREED....!!

Date: 11/26/15 19:25
Author: grandroad

2ebright - Thoes are super shots of Amtrak, the background cliffs make the photo.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 11/26/15 21:23
Author: DynamicBrake

Outstanding trio Dick, thanks for sharing.  That last shot is superb including the super-elevated curve.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 11/27/15 08:16
Author: SCKP187

Super location and great shots.
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/27/15 14:01
Author: texchief1

Really like that last  shot!

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds