Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Santa Fe Harbor sub Tie work under way north of 182nd st.

Date: 02/08/16 12:29
Santa Fe Harbor sub Tie work under way north of 182nd st.
Author: czuleget

Today I observed the track crew spreading ties along the right of way north and south of 182nd st.  in Redondo Beach and Torrance, they are working north currently.

Date: 02/08/16 16:09
Re: Santa Fe Harbor sub Tie work under way north of 182nd st.
Author: trainjunkie

Tony, I don't know if you saw my post from earlier today in the Harbor Sub thread from a couple days ago but I saw this morning that new crossbucks have been installed on the old spur that used to go to McDonnel Douglas at the Crenshaw and Van Ness crossings. The track is still OOS and barricaded so it seems odd that they have installed new signs. I wonder if they plan to rebuild and open the track for car storage or some other purpose connected to the Gahnal Lumber project. Know anything about it?

Date: 02/08/16 16:13
Author: callum_out

That's where the EMD model 40 used to live, used to see it out one of the back doors at Harvey Aluminum/
Martin-Marietta.

Out

Date: 02/08/16 19:45
Author: czuleget

Yes I did see the new cross bucks at both locations. that makes for one to wonder what may be in its future. I know nothing about what Gahnal lumber is planing on as for how many tracks and its location on the property.

Date: 02/08/16 21:39
Author: tinytrains

I think Gahnal is going behind the styrene center, so I doubt they need the track. They had taken down all the cross bucks for a long time, so it is odd to replace them. If they just want to mark the tracks for safety, they normally use yellow signs. The track from Crenshaw to Western is not long enough for a stack train, and there is Van Ness crossing in the middle. Maybe the new refirery owners want to unload ethenol there, but seem unlikely since it is added at the distrubution centers. Fun to watch.

Scott Schifer
Torrance, CA
TinyTrains Website

Date: 02/09/16 20:20
Author: rbmn5022

I heard what I thought was a train around 1230 in Torrance by alcoa, wonder if it was the UP instead?

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds