Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Wandering Events

Date: 02/09/16 23:00
Some Wandering Events
Author: kg6nlw

As I moved back to the San Francisco Bay recently, I took a trip to Santa Clara and on my way home stopped by both Caltrain and the new Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit (S.M.A.R.T.) Facility. Here are some results from the jaunt I took around the bay.

Image 1) Looking down the NWP RoW at Windsor, CA., The new S.M.A.R.T. facility is seen with their DMU's waiting for tomrorows test runs. Things will be the typical 79/45 MPH setup around the San Francisco North Bay here...

Image 2) The finer details of S.M.AR.T. DMU 103 are seen in this photo. For example, these DMU's are "high level" platform trains. This means all depots have gauntlet tracks so that freight can still pass through the depots without ruining anything.

Image 3) The A-MIPE-R or "AMPER" is seen cruising through CP Coast and into the controlled siding between Santa Clara, CA., and San Jose, CA. The headend will park at College Park, where the crew to take this train "Eastbound" (Compass South) will board.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 02/10/16 04:43
Re: Some Wandering Events
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice work on photo #3.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds