Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Traveler is out

Date: 05/02/16 16:44
The Traveler is out
Author: seod

The Traveler is out and looking good on the side of Mt. Washington in the Olympic Mountains in Washington State. This picture was taken at Bayshore yard just outside of Shelton,WA Saturday. This is on the Puget Sound and Pacific RR. It is UP power on the weekly garbage train from Kitsap county. The Traveler is a very cool formation that comes out when the snow pack melts off the side of Mt. Washington. The Mountain is named that beacause if you look at the top it looks like Goerge Washington's face as if he was lying down ( forehead on the right and chin on the left just above the Traveler). The traveler looks like a guy in a cloak and hood holding a staff on the side of the mountain. they even have Traveler days at the little town of Union 15 minutes north of Shelton.

Scott O'Dell

Date: 05/02/16 17:11
Re: The Traveler is out
Author: MrMRL

Nifty formation! Though I'll be honest I could not see it until I looked it up on the internet and found another shot, traced out...

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 05/02/16 18:35
Author: rag

Thanks, Scott. Did not know that. Still, learn something every day.
The Washington's head is kind of like Lincoln Rock in the Columbia River between Wenatchee and Entiat WA. The rock looks just like Abraham Lincoln's head, laying down on his back.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/16 18:42 by rag.

Date: 05/03/16 09:19
Author: OregonOldGuy

Just like Mount of the Holy Cross in Colorado.  Got to be there at just the right time.  Personally, I never got to see this one.  Will have to look at Mt Washington next time I am up that way, hopefully before he wanders off.

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/16 09:20 by OregonOldGuy.

Date: 05/03/16 13:54
Author: mapboy

Didn't know about this.  I know we'll be up that way one of these days and we'll look for it if our timing is right.

mapboy

Date: 05/03/16 23:03
Author: Lairport

When I worked at Boeing Auburn, the locals told me to look for the Elk on Mt. Rainier. NW side.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds